Come and work at our beautiful park
To apply for a role, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visitor Experience Assistant (full-time)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, outgoing, customer-focused individual to join the team here in our beautiful wildlife park on the Thames. You will be part of the team responsible for welcoming visitors to the park, taking ticket payment, helping with memberships and working within the gift shop. Above all, you are key in ensuring that visitors receive an outstanding welcome.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Taking payment
* Promoting memberships and voluntary donations / Gift Aid
* Answering visitor enquiries
* Providing an excellent customer service
* Answering questions
* Making the most of up-selling opportunities
* Ensuring that the shop is clean, tidy and well-presented
* Loading new stock onto our system
* As necessary, assisting in welcoming and directing visitors to some of our special activities and events, such as toddler group, after school zoo club, half term extra activities and birthday parties
Hours: Hours vary across the year depending on the park’s opening hours and high / low season – from 19.5 hours a week in the winter, to 34 hours a week during the summer and school holidays. Shifts include some weekends and bank holidays on a rota.
Salary: £9.50/hour. Applications close 29th July.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent.
Zoo Club is an after-school club for all young animal enthusiasts. Have you a child who is a budding zookeeper? This five-week programme – now overseen by our new education officer – will involve...
Wednesday (10th) is a big day – our lynx are moving into their huge new home! To help Finn and Lox settle quietly, the train will not run for the day. That section of the park has been closed for...
Meet Becky Pearce – our new education officer.👋🏻 Becky is developing and managing all education offerings at the park, including school visits and holiday and after-school clubs. In addition to our...