Zoo Club has returned for 2022 with a series of six-week courses, including for home educating families. Each week, small groups will experience a different aspect of being a zookeeper – from building animal enrichment and enclosures, to learning about diet through hand-feeding. There will be the chance to get up close with a range of zoo and farmyard animals – lemurs, meerkats, Shetland ponies, coatis, racoons and capybaras to name but some. The sessions will be tailored to the ages of the children and will also teach them team work, confidence, resilience and problem solving.
We currently have a high waiting list so places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Former Zoo Club members are welcome back – the course content will be different to previous sessions.
- There will be small groups of up to ten children of a similar age: 5-7 year-olds, 8-10 (two sessions) and 11-14
- There are a total of six weekly sessions from 4-5pm. Drop off at least five minutes before, please
- The total cost is £108, which includes all six sessions, a Zoo Club t-shirt, certificate and a group photo (by email). Please note that snacks will not be provided and children are asked to bring a water bottle and their wellies
- The link here allows you to select your day of the week, depending on the age of your child, and to pay. You will receive an email confirmation from Web Ticket Manager, but this can sometimes take an hour to arrive. Please do not book again if there is a delay
- Parents may accompany a child with SEND if they choose, but they must only assist their own child.
Please note that parents and siblings of Zoo Club children may come onto site to wait free of charge.
I like it that there is different animals to learn about each week. Dougie and Paul are really enthusiastic when they talked about the animals and I like listening to them. My favourite things at zoo club have been touching the animals especially the snake and making things for them. I like it that we can stay and play at Beale Park after zoo club.
Both my grandsons are thoroughly enjoying it. M had his dream come true yesterday by holding a snake. It’s a fantastic opportunity for them.
Please note that the A329 Reading Road in Streatley will be closed from today until Friday 17th from 09:30– 15:30, from its junctions with Streatley Hill and Hook End Lane. This closure is to enable...
Join us on 19th June and treat dad to a day out at Beale Wildlife Park, with half price entry for all fathers with a paying child. Our animal experiences make the perfect gift for wildlife or...
For a relaxed boutique shopping experience set to a backdrop of the stunning Thames-side countryside, don’t miss the Arthur Swallow Fairs Decorative Home & Salvage Show. Held within the Beale...