Zoo Club has been one of the big sell-out successes of our year and we would like to say a big thank you to all the children who have joined the sessions so enthusiastically. Dozens of you have welcomed the opportunity to learn more about our animals and try some hands-on care.
The good news is that the club will be returning in 2022 with a series of six-week after school courses. Each week, small groups will experience a different aspect of being a zookeeper – from building animal enrichment and enclosures, to learning about diet through hand-feeding. There will be the chance to get up close with a range of zoo and farmyard animals – lemurs, meerkats, Shetland ponies, coatis, racoons and capybaras to name but some. The sessions will be tailored to the ages of the children and will also teach them team work, confidence, resilience and problem solving.
We currently have a high waiting list so places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Former Zoo Club members are welcome back – the course content will be different to previous sessions.
- There will be small groups of up to ten children of a similar age: 5-7 year-olds, 8-10 (two sessions) and 11-14
- There are a total of six weekly sessions from 4-5pm. Drop off at least five minutes before, please
- Two course options – one that runs from w/c 28th Feb – w/c 4th April. The other from w/c 25th April – w/c 30th May (please note this includes half term)
- The total cost is £108, which includes all six sessions, a Zoo Club t-shirt, a lanyard, certificate and a group photo (by email). Please note that snacks will not be provided and children are asked to bring a water bottle and their wellies
- The link here allows you to select your day of the week, depending on the age of your child, and to pay. You will receive an email confirmation from Web Ticket Manager, but this can sometimes take an hour to arrive. Please do not book again if there is a delay
- Parents may accompany a child with SEND if they choose, but they must only assist their own child.
Please note that parents of Zoo Club children may come onto site to wait free of charge, while accompanying siblings should pay the discounted rate of £5 each per week at the ticket office.
I like it that there is different animals to learn about each week. Dougie and Paul are really enthusiastic when they talked about the animals and I like listening to them. My favourite things at zoo club have been touching the animals especially the snake and making things for them. I like it that we can stay and play at Beale Park after zoo club and I like the snacks.
Both my grandsons are thoroughly enjoying it. M had his dream come true yesterday by holding a snake. It’s a fantastic opportunity for them.
We are delighted to announce that, from Easter, we will be offering animal experiences for both adults and children. You will have a unique opportunity to go behind-the-scenes with our experienced...
If you love Beale Wildlife Park and want to give your nearest and dearest something a bit different this Christmas, we have some ideas that will also enable you to support our work as an animal and...
Our animal adoption tins make a perfect gift - a neat way of supporting the particular Beale animals that you love while also backing our wider conservation work. You (or your loved one) can select...